Saturday, January 3, 2009

No voice

Woke up this morning without a voice, didn't even know I was getting a cold. Some might think this is a blessing.

Sometime ago, I caught the dollhouse fever when Dave gave me a kit for my birthday. Alan and I built it, it was all painted, electrified and wallpapered when I took it to Ewing Dollhouses for instillation of the lights. Anyway, don't you know, it was there when the shopping center burned down and everything was gone. I started another one two summers ago, but haven't worked on it in a while (I think Rutgers put a stop to this hobby and I just never got back at it)




Luckily my kitchen was not in the old house during the fire and I still have it. That's a dime in front of the stove, just for size. The 'fridge and stove are both lighted, how cool is that???
This Christmas, Dave bought me a new house all finished! The bug has bitten again, yesterday Sue and I went to the Dollhouse Factory in Lebanon and I got a few things for my new house. Between what I have here and what I bought, I need to finish the other one so I can put the stuff somewhere.






Dollhouse furniture and accessories are as expensive as those for the real house, so it takes a while to get them decorated. Half the fun is making things, I think its a frustrated decorators dream, now I have something to keep me off the streets at night :)

On the knitting front, I've been in a hat mode lately, everyone got a hat for Christmas, here are Eric and Maia modeling theirs.

1 comment:

knitting knut said...

Sorry about the way it reads, in preview the words were not stacked, more practice needed.