Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last day of vacation

Tomorrow it's back to school. I'm kind of looking forward to it, how sad is that???

This break, I've been out to lunch every single day except Christmas day, out to dinner almost as often, and a few breakfasts, too. A little bit home cooking will be nice, now who can I get to cook... Monday and Tuesday nights I have meetings so I won't be home, meaning the earliest I can cook is Wednesday unless I come to my senses and figure out some other way to get fed.
I also need to read my knitting patterns a little closer, I'm in the middle of a real cute top-down shrug. The pattern says you only need one skein of yarn and it's very basic, increase at the shoulders until it reaches under your arms, then go on and finish up the body. I didn't read the fact that the prototype was for someone with a 30 inch bust. It must be a child, I don't think even fashion models have a 30 inch bust. What the heck. I'm now on my third skein of yarn, but I still like the concept and think it will be nice. But still, 30 inches, come on.

Took all the Christmas decorations down today and began to get Eric's bedroom ready to become a guest/dollhouse room. Eric moved out a year and a month ago. He left lots of stuff around and whenever we asked him if he was going to take it, he always said he has no room (hmmm, and we do?) He came over today, not by choice, to get out the last of his stuff, he threw out a bag of papers, when we went to put it in the trash, Dave noticed that he thew out a couple of years worth of pay stubs with his Social Security number on them along with old checks and a payment book for his last car. Now Dave is shredding all of Eric's trash ... after taking three large bags of clothes and shoes to the Goodwill. The last of his stuff will go up in our attic.

Here's a picture of this year's Christmas Tree and Village, I liked the way it turned out but like it better now that it's not taking up space. I like the bookcase/cubby in the living room, now it has my Lenox, I didn't know how much I had. Dave said he will be getting the furniture reupholstered as soon as one car leaves the shop. Soon, I hope since he's been booking work into 2010 already ~ great news for our personal economy bad news for getting things done around the house.








No comments: