Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another day in the life of..

For whatever reason today I was up before 5 am and was at work before 7, but still the principal was there and ready to start her day. She is one awesome person. The way she runs a school would be top notch in the suburbs or rural districts, I just wish the test scores will show how hard she and her staff works to make the school one of the best in the city.

In a way I hope that she takes me with her next year to her new school (still in the same district), it would be closer to home, and they are going to be building a G&T high school at the same time and she will be in charge of it, that would be a neat thing to be in on the ground floor with.

The weather tonight was supposed to be wintry, so my Tuesday night Stitch n B*tch was postponed. Once a month we visit each other's homes for dinner and chatting, funny how the world's problems can be solved by us in just a few hours, Obama are you listening? Instead of the same Washington crew in your cabinet, tap into those mom's who've been juggling so many titles all these years.

Next month I think SnB will be here. That means finding a recipe that goes in the crock pot or can be cooked ahead ... not too hard except one of us has allergies to milk products and flour. That leaves out anything with cheese and breads. I may do a chili and put the cheese on the side or a nice soup if she can tolerate oats, those are things that can be cooked ahead and just heated. I'll see if she doesn't mind the smell of bread and I can set up the bread machine to have hot bread ready when supper's done.

Here's a picture of Rosey and Vickie, every day we put two beds on our bed and they inevitably end up in the smallest one together.



No comments: