Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sometimes my heart ...

Yesterday my sister and I had a yard sale of my mom's things, the purpose being to give the nine grand~kids the money we earned. All nine live within two or three miles of her house.

Procrastinators that we are, it has taken us more than a year to get our act together to finally get most of her things out of her house ~ I think that it makes it so much more final when we do make a move. Anyway, getting organized took us a few weekends/nights. Terry, my sister, Kerry, her daughter, and I were the ones who got it together,

By 7:30 yesterday morning Alan was mowing the grass at my mom's so we could drive up to the kitchen door without making a mess of the yard, Eric stopped by just to sell, hang out, and give encouragement early in the day.

All told, 7 of the 9 grand~kids came out and helped, only two didn't make it. Kerry, put in the most time and effort so we gave her a little more and split the remainder equally between the other six. When I tried to give my boys their share, they both refused and wanted Kerry to have it all. They said it was because they work and Kerry, who also works, is putting herself through college.

There are times my boys make my heart hurt in a good way. To start, this week Alan worked two jobs, like he's been doing since he got engaged. Besides his tree work, every evening he's been helping out a farmer and this week they are baling hay, Friday alone, after work he baled until after 10 pm. Eric's week with UPS was a bear, too, he had more than 20 hours of overtime. That being said, both would have like more than anything to sleep in on Saturday morning. Some days I just wonder how we could be so blessed ....

No comments: