Monday, September 21, 2009

Back in the saddle again

School is settling into a nice routine. Our principal is still on fire and I hope she can keep it up!

Every morning I go to the entrance nearest to the library to greet the kids. the procedure is to put your bag on a table and walk through a metal detector. The detector goes off for almost every kid so the girls have a female officer to pat them down and the boys have a male officer. Its a sight to see them come through so matter of factly with their arms and legs outspread to be patted down on a daily basis. While its second nature for the kids, its still something to see.

On a library note, next week is Banned Book Week, we are making posters to put up in conjunction with Back to School Night. Hoping to have some good dialog with parents/kids. We happen to have nine of the top ten on this year's list, we are only missing the children's book and that's because we're high school.

Lastly, this weekend is Knitter's Day Out. Can't wait, I'm leaving right after school on Friday with my friend and school nurse. We'll sleep in Harrisburg and be in class bright and early Saturday. This is her first time, I've been going for 24 years, every year I learn something new, buy too much yarn and come home recharged for another year. Part of admission is making caps for kids - I've made two, I should be able to get a few more done before Saturday. I'll try to get pictures to show how many caps are donated for children. It's awesome!

No comments: