Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Counting down to tomorrow

Again, time has gotten away from me, its been a few weeks.

Tomorrow at 6:20 I will be checking into the hospital to have my tucks done. Right now I'm not even a little bit nervous, but no doubt in the morning (middle of the night) when I start getting ready I will be.

How times have changed over the years with hospitals, 20+ years ago I had major surgery, a hysterectomy and the directions were: show up. Between then and now, I've had three other surgeries along with so many knock out procedures its hard to count and nothing like this prep. I've been given hospital packs that the surgeons use to scrub with and have been using those in the shower since Monday. They are very conscious of infections these days. At least I'm first up in the am so the OR will be in it's very best condition of the day.

Enough of that.

Trenton has said it will be sending lay-off notices to all employees who are not tenured. What a shame for those who chose to work with our population ~ I'm sure they had suburban choices ~ I hope that there is a change in funding so they can hold their positions. Thank God, I'm tenured in both the classroom and the library (there are 7 of 22 librarians who aren't), now its just keeping my fingers crossed that I stay in the high school. Its now a waiting game until the promise of employment notices are sent out in May.

Promise to post soon.

No comments: