Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's been a while...

Didn't realize it's been almost two weeks since I posted here.

A lot and not much has happened. Saw War of the Worlds which was fantastic! Next year is the 70th anniversary ~ wonder if there will be a major celebration. I've become hooked on Sirius Radio's Radio Classics, the original broadcasts from the hey~day of radio! Every morning during my drive to work I hear Gunsmoke, never been a real fan of the Western, but now I look forward to what Marshall Dillion is up to.

Last night, Dave and I (and half of New Jersey) went to see American Gangster. We were able to get seats on the top row, and being the kind people we are, we left two empty seats between us and those next to us, just my luck, a couple with post nasal drip/allergies sat next to us and honked and snorted and yucked through out the whole movie. Thank goodness I watch the History Channel and was able to understand the background of the film, which was somewhat lost in translation. Russell Crowe steals the movie and is way better than Denzel Washington, who plays, hmmm Denzel Washington as we've seen him in so many other movies.

An upcoming movie, National Treasure: Book of Secrets looks interesting, too. Another re~write of American History to keep the Social Studies teachers in business!

Halloween was fun in school, I wore Eric's UPS clothes and so many kids kept coming up to me saying "Mrs. Lee, where's my package?" I loved that they were able to get it. Lots of cute witches, Spidermen, vampires, and little princesses.

In school news, totaled up the books that went out of the library from Oct. 1 to 31 and we blew out the expectations! One thousand one hundred and twenty-six books were checked out ~ and only two were lost (and one is already paid for) YEAH!! Trenton kids are reading!!! Without the library assistants it would not be possible to get the books shelved (although, I'm hoping that pretty soon, all the assistants will know the alphabet and their numbers and be able to shelf books pretty close to where they belong) When I ran the report, the assistants who were in the library went crazy cheering and hooping and hollering! How cool to be excited about learning, especially in Trenton!! I just want to say ~ Look at that ~ you local newspapers who have been trashing our kids and staff lately.

I will put up some pictures next post as I'm too comfortable/lazy to go downstairs and get the camera right now.

1 comment:

slgc said...

You know, you really SHOULD tell the newspapers about this. It's a great story.

WTG!